FDX Box Hardware
- Status Launched
- Product Collection Intel® NUC Kit with 8th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- Board Number NUC8i7HNB
- Socket Soldered-down BGA
- Internal Drive Form Factor M.2 SSD
- TDP 65 w
- DC Input Voltage Supported 19 VDC
- Board Chipset Mobile Intel® HM175 Chipset
- Processor Included Intel® Core™ i7-8705G Processor
- Warranty Period 3 yrs
- Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 16 GB
- Memory Types DDR4-2400+ 1.2V SO-DIMM
- Max Memory Bandwidth 38.4 GB/s
- Max # of DIMMs 2
- ECC Memory Supported No
- # of USB Ports 13
- USB Configuration F: USB3, 2x USB 3.1g2 (Type A and C); R: 4x USB3, 2x Thunderbolt3 (USB3.1g2); INT: 2x USB2, 2x USB3
- USB Revision 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 Gen2
- USB 2.0 Configuration (External + Internal) 0 + 2
- USB 3.0 Configuration (External + Internal) 1F, 4R, 2i
- Total # of SATA Ports 2
- Max # of SATA 6.0 Gb/s Ports 2
- RAID Configuration 2x M.2 SATA/PCIe SSD (RAID-0 RAID-1)
- Audio (back channel + front channel) 7.1 digital; L+R+mic (F); L+R+TOSLINK (R)
- Integrated LAN Intel® Ethernet Connection i219-LM and i210-AT
- Integrated Wireless Intel® Wireless-AC 8265 + Bluetooth 4.2
- S/PDIF Out Connector TOSLINK
- Additional Headers CEC, 2x USB2.0, 2x USB 3.0, FRONT_PANEL
- Number of Thunderbolt™ Ports Number of Thunderbolt™ Ports
- Chassis Dimensions 221 x 142 x 39mm
- Red Raw
- ProRes 422
- ProRes 4444
- Magic Lantern MLV
- XDCAM EX
- XDCAM HD
- H.264 mov
- H.264 mp4
- MPEG-2 MXF
Battery Power Consumption
Test source Material
1920x1080 XAVC from Sony Alpha on SD Cards
60GB per card (sample 046, from Camelot)
2 Backups, to LaCie 2.5” HDDs
Time to process 1 Card: 00:12:18
We recommend using Jauch Power Banks:
Copied 4 cards
48% of capacity remaining
Which lasts for 45 minutes of idle time.
JPB20AHB can copy 7 cards
If there is no idle time between.
- Improvement: Uploads automatically recover from interruptions in network connectivity or short downtimes of the upload destination.
- New feature: Color correction with custom LUTs. Contact support for help in installing your custom LUTs on the Box.
- New feature: Review and comment on uploaded footage in the FDX cloud. In the "file download" section, navigate to any fileset that includes a "Preview" or custom H.264 transcode. Now use the "Review" switch at the top of the screen to switch to the FDX Cloud Player.
- Improvement: Copy Report emails now include a list file checksums in Media Hash List format.
- New feature: Configurable directory structure for storage devices. In the project settings, choose the metadata values to use as directory names to organise your filesets by shooting date, camera type, etc.
- Bug fix: After copying one source device, no processes could be started until the box was rebooted.
- New feature: You can now control the FDX Box directly using a monitor, keyboard and mouse instead of a WiFi connection.
- Bug fix: Custom H.264 transcode outputs from projects with multiple backup devices were not compatible with some players.
- Bug fix: Custom H.264 transcode outputs had lower bitrate than configured in project settings.
- New feature: You can now configure projects to store up to four backup copies of all data.
- New feature: Media Hash Lists for offloaded data. Each "original" folder on the storage device now contains a MHL file which can be used to verify the integrity of the copied data later. Uploads of original data also include this file.
- New feature: The Copy Report pdf now contains all copied files and the referring MD5 Hash checksums.
- New feature: Copy Report emails now include an "md5sums.txt" file for verification of the copied data. The checksums in this file are calculated from the original files on the source media when they are first offloaded.
- Bug fix: In the FDX Cloud interface, process and assigned device tickets were only visible to administrators. Now they are visible to any user with permission to view the related project.
- New feature: Once opened, project sections on the dashboard stay open until you close them.
- New feature: Instead of renaming storage devices to show project name and backup set, we now write a text file ("filmdatabox-info.txt") onto each storage device. The project name, backup set and device sequence number are also shown in the user interface. To manually rename a storage device, click on its device ticket and look for the pen icon beside the device name.
- New feature: The Project Settings section now shows the list of users who are associated with each project.
- New feature: For faster upload speeds over WiFi, you can now connect a USB WiFi dongle. Supported devices: Edimax EW-7811Un V2, TP-Link TL-WN725N.
- Bug fix: The internal SD card reader did not recognize some models of SD card.
- Bug fix: Corrected some layout issues in the Control Panel section on mobile devices.
- Bug fix: Removed some unnecessary "connection lost" notification popups.
- New feature: The "Verify Copied Data" function now rereads the copied data files from the storage devices as well as the source.
- Bug fix: Transcoding could fail if the project name contained some special characters.
- New feature: The FDX Cloud file download section now shows thumbnails for video files.
- New feature: Transcodes of RED footage now include audio tracks.
- Improvement: Time remaining estimates now update more quickly.
- Bug fix: Issues with FDX Cloud uploads when project names contain special characters are fixed.
- New feature: Uploading to Frame.io.
- Improvement: The preview player is now accessible from Storage Device tickets.
- Improvement: The zip files created when downloading folders from the FDX cloud now have more informative file names.
- Improvement: FDX Cloud file expiry notifications are combined into a single mail per day.
- Improvement: Redesigned upload authorization pages.
- Improvement: Copy Reports now list the user who started the copy job.
- New Feature: Battery Mode.
- New Feature: Email notifications on completed upload.
- Improvement: Redesigned Copy Report PDFs.
- Improvement: Redesigned Dashboard layout.
- Improvement: Cancelled processes now remain visible in the Control Panel.
We are here to answer all the questions you might have. Feel free to contact us at any time.