transfermedia production services GmbH is aware that those parts of the FILM DATA BOX product which concern online-based databases require a responsible and secure handling of the users’ data. If you transmit manual data during registration or enter data into your FILM DATA BOX account or if this data is automatically recorded, e.g. for the purpose of connecting to our web server, the client agrees that transfermedia production services GmbH may collect, process and use the transmitted personal data for the purposes described below. This consent can be revoked at any time with effect for the future. The responsible entity is transfermedia production services GmbH (hereinafter referred to as “transfermedia”), registered with the Potsdam District Court under HRB HRB 28084 / VAT ID No. DE300501456.
- scope of application
- employee guidelines
All transfermedia employees have been bound in a written declaration to data secrecy in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act and to telecommunications secrecy in accordance with the Telecommunications Act. In particular, employees have been informed of the content of the following laws: § 5 BDSG, § 88 TKG, § 206 StGB, § 17 UWG. All employees have also been obligated in their employment contract to maintain business secrecy. Access to the workplace computers is only possible for authorised employees. During absence from the workplace, the consoles are locked. Only trained personnel have access to all data and servers.
- storage of user names, e-mail addresses and passwords for the Filmdatabox
The FILM DATA BOX user database is hosted on Amazon AWS servers in the eu-central-1 region. Data protection is a top priority for AWS. Far beyond the legal requirements, AWS has established protective measures for any handling of confidential data or data requiring security. The main data protection measures are described on the website https://aws.amazon.com/de/compliance/gdpr-center/ documented. All uploaded user data is encrypted with Amazon KMS.
Information on this can be found at: https://aws.amazon.com/kms/
Passwords are additionally encrypted using the “one-way hashed” method.
- collection of data during registration and use of the FILM DATA BOX database
- Collection and storage of personal data in the course of registration (ordering process): Personal data must be collected by us as part of the registration process in order to identify the user as a contractual partner and to enable the user to access the database functions in the first place.
The following mandatory information must be provided during the registration process:
– E-mail address
– Company name
– First and last name of the person authorised to access the database
– Company address
– Acceptance of the general terms and conditions
– Acceptance of the data protection regulations
- This data will be transferred to transfermedia production services GmbH, but transfermedia production services GmbH will never pass it on to third parties.
- Data stored by the user in the FILM DATA BOX: The FILM DATA BOX stores, verifies, transcodes and sends internet-based film data of the user.
- FDX Box Profiles: The user can create FDX profiles, which contain login data and email addresses of users. These can be downloaded and must be treated confidentially by the user. They will also be stored in the FDX Cloud (AWS).
- Use of the data
– Providing the services and customer support you have requested.
– Resolve disputes, collect fees and resolve problems
– Preventing, detecting and investigating potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforcing our Terms and Conditions
– Adjusting, measuring and improving our services
– Sending marketing communications by email if requested (which you can unsubscribe from at any time).
Film and production data is under special protection. However, the user is responsible for controlling the entry and accuracy of this data. The storage of this data is solely for the purpose of enabling the user to use the functions of the FILM DATA BOX. The data can be viewed by transfermedia employees, but will never be passed on to third parties….
- protection of your member account
Your passwords are the key to your member account. Use different numbers, letters and special characters and do not share your password with anyone. If you lose control of your password, you may lose control of your personal data. Therefore, if your password is compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify transfermedia and change your password.
- storage location and security
Your data is stored on our server in Germany. We use state-of-the-art means (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal data from unauthorised access and disclosure. However, third parties may be able to intercept data during transmission. We cannot guarantee absolute protection during transmission, even if we have taken state-of-the-art protective measures.
7.1 Data stored in the FDX Cloud
If the user chooses the option of the FDX Box to store transcoded film data in the FDX Cloud, this data will be stored on Amazon servers (AWS). transfermedia production services GmbH guarantees that this data will not be made accessible to third parties.
For AWS data protection, the required documents are available here: https://aws.amazon.com/de/compliance/gdpr-center/.
All uploaded film data is encrypted with Amazon KWS. Information on this can be found at: https://aws.amazon.com/kms/. All data is stored in the region eu-central-1.
You have the right to free information, correction and, if necessary, deletion of your stored data at any time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Mailchimp integration
We offer you the opportunity to register for our free newsletter via our website.
We use MailChimp, a service of The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 512 Means Street, Suite 404, Atlanta, GA 30318, USA, hereinafter referred to as “The Rocket Science Group”.
In addition, the Rocket Science Group offers further information about its data protection practices at
The newsletter then sent out by The Rocket Science Group will also contain a tracking pixel called a web beacon. This pixel helps us evaluate whether and when you have read our newsletter and whether you have clicked any links contained therein. In addition to further technical data, such as data about your computer hardware and your IP address, the data processed will be stored so that we can optimize our newsletter and respond to the wishes of our readers. The data will therefore increase the quality and attractiveness of our newsletter.
The legal basis for sending the newsletter and the analysis is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a) GDPR.
You may revoke your prior consent to receive this newsletter under Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR with future effect. All you have to do is inform us that you are revoking your consent or click on the unsubscribe link contained in each newsletter.